Securing your trading account on Quidax
To secure your Quidax account, here are a few tips to take note of:
- Ensure to use a special password and email address (You can use a secure password manager like Dashlane, LastPass or KeePass to keep track of your passwords)
- Enable 2FA on your Quidax account (2FA adds an extra layer of protection to your account in case your password is compromised. Read more here. (https://support.quidax.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022550611-2-Factor-Authentication-2FA-FAQ))
- Always confirm that the website you are visiting is www.quidax.com
- Phishing sites may try to imitate Quidax to trick you into disclosing sensitive information. Ensure that you are visiting the real website at all times.
- Don’t click links or open attachments in emails
- Only do this for emails that you are entirely sure are from Quidax.
- Secure your email account and phone
- Enable Fingerprint, FaceID or passcode lock on your phone, use a secure email provider, and use 2FA for your email account.
- Secure your computer
- Don’t install untrusted software on your computer, or software from untrusted developers. If possible, consider using a dedicated computer or partition, install Linux, Chrome, a password manager plugin, and nothing else.
- Subscribe to a good antivirus software, and keep it updated
- Secure your internet connection
- Always use a wired connection if possible. If you must use WiFi, consider routing through a VPN.
Please note: these tips are not exhaustive. On top of the above, please exercise vigilance and educate yourself further about general online security.